The culmination of the Hawaii Annual Code Challenge (HACC) was demo day on September 23rd. Teams presented their solutions to several challenges for improving state government to a large audience and a group of impressive judges:
- Governor David Ige
- State Senator Glenn Wakai
- Todd Nacapuy, Hawaii Chief Innovation Officer
- Miller Abel, Principal Technologist, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Steven Schutte, Government Account Manager, Verizon
- Richard Eber, Manager of Enterprise Application & Integration Services, HECO
- John Ambris, Sr. Solutions Engineer, BMC Software
- Donna Scannell, VP of IT Operations & Business Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Robbie Melton, Executive Director, HTDC
Students from the Information and Computer Sciences Department at the University of Hawaii did very well!
Congratulations to ArchiTechs for winning Top College Team.
Congratulations to FidgetSpinners for winning Second Place!
Congratulations to LoveMilkTea for WINNING FIRST PLACE!
Mahalo to Professor Philip Johnson for encouraging and mentoring these teams!